Moringa is a tree that was originally native to India, other parts of Asia and Africa. Due to it’s health benefits it is now grown all over the world.
Locals in the lesser developed communities, who do not have access to pharmaceutical medicine, use this plant to keep them healthy.
Moringa is also known as the ‘Miracle Tree’, ‘Miracle Moringa’, ‘The Vitamin Tree’, ‘The Never Die Tree’ and ‘The Tree of Life’ due to it being one of the most nutrient dense plants on earth.
All of the plant is used, from the stem to the leaves, the seeds, the bark and the roots all used in different ways.
- It is a complete protein making it perfect for anyone worried they are not getting adequate protein in their diet.
- Moringa is high in Iron which helps to prevent anemia.
- It is high in vitamin C which boosts our immune system
- Moringa has about four times as much calcium as milk, which helps with strong teeth and bones.
- It has high amounts of beta carotene which is good for our skin and eye health.
- It is shown to have anti-cancer properties.
- Tests have shown that it can lower blood sugar levels making it great for anyone with diabetes and hyperglycemia.
- Moringa is anti-bacterial so it will help to boost our immune system
- It is anti-inflammatory and can help speed up our recovery process.
I feel that humans are overfed and under nourished. By consuming moringa it will increase our nutrient intake, making us much healthier. This will give our body a chance to fight cold and flus and even diseases.
Moringa can be in powder form (it is really bitter so add to smoothies) and in capsule form and can be found at health stores and online stores.
I have upgraded to a new website, have a look here: www.thriveandshine.co.za