I’m sure you’ve seen people drinking lemon water and wondered why someone would want to drink something so sour. And you may think that if you drink lemon water you won’t have any enamel left on your teeth. Here are some of the benefits of lemons and why you should be drinking more lemon water.
- Lemon helps to alleviate stomach issues such as flatulence and indigestion because it aids in the production of stomach juices.
- Lemon is a very healing fruit. It contains antiseptic and antibiotic compounds as well as vitamins C and B which help to keep our immune systems strong.
- It helps to kill off bad bacteria in our mouth stopping the erosion of enamel, reducing gingivitis and other mouth issues and diseases.
- It is extremely hydrating. Most of us are chronically dehydrated so adding some lemon to any of your water will help hydrate you, especially first thing in the morning upon waking.
- It may have a very acidic taste but lemon converts to being very alkaline in the body and helps to alkalise our blood, organs and cells.
- Lemon is very beneficial for the skin and can help minimise wrinkles. I have used it on my skin to get rid of my pigmentation by diluting it with water.
- It helps to replenish mineral salts from sweating so it is very beneficial to drink before and after exercise.
- Lemon water is very cleansing and helps the liver to do the work of removing toxins. So if you really need that cup of coffee in the morning, have the lemon water first to cleanse all the toxins that your body has worked at removing overnight.
You can squeeze lemon over salads, make lemon water and lemon tea, add it to juices, and use it as part of your skin regime.If it is too sour add honey to your lemon water. The honey helps fuel the liver with glucose which gives it and you energy for the day. If there is one daily habit I highly recommend it’s drinking your lemon water first thing in the morning.
I have created a new website with more information, check it out here: www.thriveandshine.co.za