I think now more than ever, in the times we currently find ourselves in, is that we need to invest in our health, both physically and mentally.
I try not to watch much news, only for the updates and important information and then switch it off. But over the last month I’ve seen so many posts, news reports, forwarded emails and messages that after only a few days in quarantine it has worn me out, and I’m sure I’m not the only one.
So I’d like to focus on the positive ways that we can improve our health and boost our immune system.
It is probably not possible to immunise ourselves against every virus out there as there are no doubt thousands of them (thankfully they seem to be mostly dealt with by our bodies already). If the reports are true then there are already many different strains of the Corona Virus that have evolved in this short space of time, so if a vaccine does become available, will it be for the right strain? I don’t want to have to worry and be fearful about stuff like that, I want to be able to trust my body to do what it needs to do.
The way I believe we can do this is to build up our immunity as much as possible so that our body fights off anything that comes our way and that we can trust our bodies to do their job. When we trust our bodies we can be less fearful. That’s not to say we will be completely immune, we just have a better chance.
Thankfully there are so many wonderful ways to do this, here are a few:
- Try to watch as little fearful news reports as possible. Get the information that you need and move on to other activities. Be prepared but don’t put yourself in a place where your anxiety and fear takes over your body, this stresses you out and lowers your immune system.
- Incorporate more fruits and vegetables, organic and/or home grown if possible, into your daily intake.
- Get creative with healthy meals; thankfully there are thousands of people online showing their beautiful, healthy recipes.
- Be more playful. Make time to laugh and play with your kids, your friends or family. Laughter really does lighten the mood and reduce stress.
- Listen to music you love and dance more. You’ll be happy and get exercise at the same time.
- Move your body, run, cycle, hike, and do exercises from home, dance like I suggested above, and anything to sweat, move your lymph (the garbage system of our body) and release the toxins.
- Be outside in the sunshine and feel the earth under your bare feet. We and the Earth are electromagnetic beings each with a different vibrational frequency, and when we are connected to the earth we release our frantic energetic charge and become calmer. That’s why we feel so grounded after walking on the beach or in a river. Nature grounds us anyway, and being barefoot is even better.
- Grow your own vegetables. It is really satisfying to be able to pick your own food from your garden or window boxes. You’ll be happy and healthy.
- Find reasons to be happy. Watch positive stories, find the joy in the small everyday things, enjoy the beauty in life that you usually rush right past and be thankful for it all.
If you implement these into your daily life then the positive will out way the negative and you will start to develop a stronger immune system.
I hope you are all safe and well and excited to be radiant, fit and healthy.
All my love